主题

帖子

积分

Lv4 高中生

积分

勤劳奉献奖

QQ
发表于 2011-12-27 23:01:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
With energy gels being my primary energy source during ultras and weight being an essential consideration at the Marathon des Sables, I started thinking about which energy gels offer the greatest caloric density. While I initially planned on looking at only caloric density, I ended up comparing many other aspects of energy gels including their caffeine content, electrolyte content, and sugar profiles, as well as recording other ingredients of note. [Click on any table below to enlarge.]

For this review, I looked at 8 energy gel lineups that are commonly available at US retailers. [My highly scientific method for sample collection involved me sequentially looking at the gels on my shelf and then visiting a large outdoor retailer, a bike shop, and a large athletic goods store in an attempt to find additional gels.

Caloric Density
As I mentioned above, my primary personal goal from this exercise was to identify the energy gels with the greatest caloric density, meaning the most calories per gram. Top honors are shared by Gu Roctane (see iRunFar’s review), Gu Energy Gel, and Honey Stinger at 3.0 calories (technically kilocalories) per gram. I would have guessed that watery PowerBar Gel (formerly known as Power Gel) would have had the lowest energy density, but at 2.6 calories/g it ranked much higher than Hammer Gel (2.4 calories/g) and basement dweller Accel Gel (2.2 calories/g).

Caffeine Content
We’ve previously discussed the possible endurance benefits of caffeine here at iRunFar. Regardless of where you fall on the subject of taking caffeine while running there’s an energy gel for you. Of the 8 energy gel lineups I investigated, only Gu Roctane was not available in a caffeine-free variety. On the other end of the spectrum, both CarbBoom! and Clif Shot offer a double espresso variety containing 100 mg of caffeine per pack. Between the extremes, caffeine contents for energy gels ranged from 20 to 50 mg

Electrolyte Content
In general, I rely on sports drink and electrolyte tablets to replace my salts when running. However, 7 of the energy gel varieties contain potassium and all 8 varieties of contain sodium. While all but a few of the gels contained low enough levels of sodium not to alter an electrolyte replacement strategy, it would be wise to keep in mind that a packet of Power Gel has 200 mg of sodium, Roctane has 125 mg, and Accel Gel has 100 mg.

Sugar Profile
I provide the following table in case you are curious as to which simple and complex carbohydrates your favorite gels contain. Simple sugars include fructose and dextrose (a form of glucose), as well as those found in honey and fruit juice. Maltodextrin is the prevalent complex carbohydrate found in energy gels. Clif Shot’s brown rice syrup contains a mix of simple and complex carbohydrates

Other Ingredients
Five of the energy gel lineups featured ingredients other than carbohydrates, electrolytes, and caffeine. These added extras included various vitamins, amino acids, and herbs. Take a look for yourself at what these gels contain

[Disclaimer: This comparison is only meant as an overview of energy gels. Food intake is of critical importance in longer endurance events and you should, therefore, carefully consider your nutritional plan. I recommend you further consult the product websites to which I provided links above. In addition, it is wise to personally test each variety and even each flavor of gel you intend to use in a key race before race day. You never know which ingredient may cause you stomach distress or which flavor will offend your palate.

Enough of the geeky stuff and disclaimers: What are your favorite energy gels and why?

[While I independently came up with the idea to compare energy gel caloric densities, I've got to tip my running hat to this UK comparison of energy gels that I first saw on TrailrunningSoul.com. However, I did not consult that comparison within months of designing my own. It's interesting to see where and how they differ.]

-----------------摘iRunFar.cm
使卵石臻于完美的, 并非锤的打击, 而是水的且歌且舞。

主题

帖子

积分

Lv4 高中生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖

QQ
发表于 2011-12-30 02:09:58 | 显示全部楼层
随着能源凝胶在ultras和重量的一个基本考虑在马拉松DES黑貂我的主要能量来源,我开始思考关于能源凝胶提供热量密度最大。虽然我最初的计划,我只有热量密度比较许多其他能源凝胶的各个方面,包括其咖啡因含量,电解质含量和糖型材,以及注意记录等成分。 [点击上表以放大。]

这次审查,我看着8通常在美国的零售商提供的能量凝胶阵容。 [我的高度科学的样品采集的方法,我比上一季度看我的货架上的凝胶,然后前往一个大型户外零售商,一家自行车店,和一个大型的运动商品在试图找到更多的凝胶的存储。

热量密度
正如我上面提到的的,我从这次演习的主要的个人目标是找出最大的热量密度的能量凝胶,这意味着每克的大部分热量。谷Roctane(见iRunFar的审查),顾能源凝胶,每克3.0卡路里(技术上千卡)和蜂蜜毒刺共享最高荣誉。我早就猜到,水汪汪POWERBAR凝胶(原名电源凝胶)有最低的能量密度,但在2.6卡路里/克排名比锤凝胶(2.4卡路里/克)和地下室居民加速凝胶(2.2热量高得多/克)。

咖啡因含量
我们以前讨论的咖啡因可能耐力的好处在iRunFar这里。无论你在哪里在服用咖啡因的主题,同时运行,有一个为你的能量凝胶下降。我调查的8个能源凝胶阵容中,只有谷Roctane不是一个不含咖啡因的品种。在光谱的另一端,既CarbBoom!和CLIF射击提供了双重的咖啡品种,含有100毫克咖啡因,每包。两个极端之间,能源凝胶的咖啡因含量介于20至50毫克

电解质含量
在一般情况下,我靠运动饮料和电解质片上运行时,以取代我的盐。然而,7能源凝胶品种含有钾,所有8个品种含有钠。虽然所有,但一些凝胶含有钠足够低的水平,不改变电解质的替代战略,这将是明智要牢记,电源凝胶包有200毫克的钠,Roctane 125毫克,并加速凝胶有100毫克。

糖简介
若您以您最喜爱的凝胶含有这简单和复杂的碳水化合物的好奇,我提供以下表。单糖包括果糖和葡萄糖(葡萄糖的一种形式),以及蜂蜜和果汁中发现的。麦芽糊精是在能源凝胶中发现流行的复合碳水化合物。 CLIF命中的糙米糖浆,包含一个简单的和复杂的碳水化合物的组合

其他成分
能源凝胶阵容五大功能比碳水化合物,电解质,和咖啡因等成分。这些增加的额外包括各种维生素,氨基酸,和草药。为自己在这些凝胶含有什么

[免责声明:这种比较只是意味着能源凝胶的概述。食物摄入量是在较长的耐力活动至关重要,因此,你应该仔细考虑您的营养计划。我建议您进一步咨询产品的网站,我上面提供的链接。此外,它是明智的,亲自测试你打算使用的关键比赛,在比赛当天前每个品种甚至每个风味的凝胶。你永远不知道其中的成分可能导致胃窘迫或味道会得罪您的味觉。

足够的令人讨厌的东西与免责声明:什么是您最喜爱的能量凝胶,为什么?

[虽然我独立的想法比较能源凝胶热量密度,我得给小费这个英国能源凝胶比较,我第一次看到TrailrunningSoul.com我的帽子。不过,我没有设计自己的个月内咨询的比较。有趣的是,以了解它们之间的区别。]
~双子的闪耀~

keep move
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册一起跑

本版积分规则

一起跑永远是个开放、免费的平台,因为我们想感恩帮助过我们的跑友,感恩我们拥有的一切。

小黑屋|手机版|一起跑

GMT+8, 2024-9-29 13:24