1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
发表于 2009-5-9 09:14:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 kwms3d 于 2009-5-9 09:15 编辑

Being away from home on business is sometimes stressful, many times boring, rarely find it relaxing.  For a change  a weekend is involved and  being blessed with spring/summer weather in the south, it is so far not too stress and in a way quite relax for a beautiful saturday morning in Guangzhou.  
Originaly  planned for a run yesterday but the crazy 200km challenge last week got into me. The carl muscle is quite tight and the whole mind and body is still tired. With no competition in sight for a longwhile, it is easy to turn into a lasy mood, rest, rest rest.  In a way I am preparing myself for a predictable tough training tomorrow and monday night with my former running club's runners in Hong Kong. A sunday morning 30-36 km run under the not too forgiving scorching sun and fast 24X400m monday evening interval training. Wow, sometimes wonder why this half century young body and mind is still looking forward for such.  Well why care as long as one is happy and  to me it is better than sitting in front of the tv watching the same old soapy series, or talking ( shouting) with some friends while pouring down those bitter alcohol down your guts in a chokingly,noisy smoky pub.  
Nevermind it is really good to your body, the sweating, the tireness, the sense of achievement after a tough training are always mind encouraging. However the dinner afterward with the team is probably the most sensible explanation for many.

主题

帖子

积分

Lv4 高中生

积分

论坛人气奖

发表于 2009-5-9 09:40:06 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks for sharing this lazy mood but with a determined mind on training with us. True, looking for more challenge and competing in races is a common cause for most runners inspite of ages and genders. Your reaction is normal and looks promising. Have a nice training and it will pay you back with a good result.

主题

帖子

积分

Lv1 学前班

积分
发表于 2009-5-9 13:59:28 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 二丁 于 2009-5-9 14:01 编辑

Sometimes low mood sets in, though only for a short while, it is eroding our sense. The good thing is, you have found your own way and working on it. Motion creates emotion, we cheer up our mind by cheering our body up.

30Km seems too long for me, I am wondering that you may train so seriously that you won’t question if you are pushing yourself too hard. For me, sometimes, weight lift can change my mood much faster. After a few sets of ferocious squat and dead-lift, the adrenalin makes me feel more aggressive and positive.

Good luck and enjoy the fun of sports and life.

主题

帖子

积分

Lv3 初中生

积分
发表于 2009-5-10 00:17:00 | 显示全部楼层
I'm wondering about your really tough training schedule, even after such a "cracy week". But as your body gets well along with, why not follow your way? Enjoy it as it is!

主题

帖子

1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2009-5-14 23:36:51 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 kwms3d 于 2009-5-14 23:38 编辑

Brief report  of what happen:

Last Sunday was quite a pleasant day for running, overcloud, slight breeze, not too warm ( 25 degreeC) except for the humidity. There were quite a few runners turnup (over 30) for the training. I was quite tempted to go for a longer run but feeling a bit tired so when I saw some runners turn back at the 10 km mark I joined them. It was a wise decision as toward the last 5 km I was already struggling. Having no water with me this time and at high humidity it certainly drained away my body fluid as well as stamina. So was happy to have done just the 20 km run.
Monday evening the interval training was as tough as I expected. 10 X 1 km with 3 and half minutes rest. Also a big turnout with a few sub -3 marathon runners ( one of them - Kitty Chan- sister of the HK marathon record holder who just did the Seoul marathon last month first time under 3 hours). Like many of us Kitty just restarted her running 3 years back, but unlike others she improved very fast to become one of the top runners in HK. She and other sub-3 runners did the 1 km around 3min 35 sec. I was struggling to keep up at 3 min 55 sec, 10 second slower than my previous training here in HK. However was very happy to do the last set at 3 min30 sec. A good quality training. Tuesday was a rest day and wednesday morning did a 20 km around the Luwu in Guangzhou. Although sweating a lot, this  was a very nice  run and I really enjoyed it very much. Such that I was  late for my appointment. Luckily being the boss nobody dare to complaint. Haha!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册一起跑

本版积分规则

一起跑永远是个开放、免费的平台,因为我们想感恩帮助过我们的跑友,感恩我们拥有的一切。

小黑屋|手机版|一起跑

GMT+8, 2024-9-28 08:23