1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-25 22:55:03 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 kwms3d 于 2009-6-25 22:57 编辑

I can't recall much about running in Osaka, it seemed I always visit Osaka in winter and most of the time I ran on the treadmill as it is much more comfortable during winter. So this time I am really determine to have a good run on the road.  So I woke up quite early wednesday morning aiming for a longer run before work, but it was disappointing to find that the so call bigger park the conceige told me  is actualy quite small. Anyway to make most of it I ran round and round until I got sick of it and turn back to the hotel 4 km away. Total distance 14 km.
May be because of the heavy rain I hardly found anyone on the street nor in the park. Japan has so many strong marathon runners i just wonder where do they train?

Checking around with my biz associate during dinner, I found that Osaka Castle is actulay only 4 to 5 km away. The restaurant manager even printed out a colour map for me. So off I go this morning around 8 am  ( after a very late night). I was nervous if I might get lost but actuly it turned out to be quite straight forward. The first 4 k was running through the main street of Osaka ( from Namba station) during peak hour traffic and I was the only runner. I guess everybody must be wondering what is wrong with this crazy guy?
The area around Osaka castle is really nice. A loop of around 3.5 km.  I tried different routes and there are different surfaces to run on. Conrete, sand, grass, so it offer quite a variety.  It was quite an enjoyable run overall and in total  I did 19km.( 8 km to and from the hotel).
It is a pity only discover it this time after visiting Osaka for so many years.

主题

帖子

积分

Lv4 高中生

积分

论坛人气奖

发表于 2009-6-26 13:25:37 | 显示全部楼层
We are glad to hear from you after several days of silence. We're all concerned of your whereabouts. Haha, I found you here. Nice to know that you enjoyed your biz trip and running. Your running buddies have been looking for you all over the forum. Cheers and enjoy the rest of your trip.

主题

帖子

1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2009-7-1 23:58:21 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 kwms3d 于 2009-7-2 00:00 编辑

Thank you Sue, sorry can't write too often as busy being entertained until late evening.  I hate e-mail as it forced me to work till late while on biz trip and deprived most of my private time.

Anyway brief report of the last week, after Osaka I went on to Seoul and discovered that next to the Hotel where I used to stay ( since 10 years already) is a very nice park ( Namsam Park). There is even a sythetic track for 3 kms. It has quite a few slopes and I managed to train Friday (14km) and saturday morning (23km).There are a lot more joggers here than in Osaka.  Again the weather was very pleasant and I enjoyed very much the run on saturday that I almost missed my coach to the airport.  Than it took me the whole day to get to my home town HK to take care of some personal thing.
Sunday morning in HK was also blessed with relatively cool breeze due to typhoon and rain the day before. However I was a bit tired from running 4 consequentive morning so I only did 10km.  Did not run since and may be it is a good break to give my body a rest. Regret it a bit though to miss my chance to run round west lake in Hangzhou this morning . Now I am in Changzhou and hope to have a good run tomorrow morning.

Will be back tomorrow and off again friday night. Hope to be able to attend the tueday night run around century park.
Cheers!!

主题

帖子

积分

Lv3 初中生

积分
发表于 2009-7-2 12:43:54 | 显示全部楼层
Looking forward to seeing you at tuesday night. We all missed you. You should look into your chinese forum....

主题

帖子

积分

Lv2 小学生

积分
发表于 2009-7-2 18:22:05 | 显示全部楼层
Paul , u are not only crasy on jogging, but also about your work. Such frequent bisiness trips will drive people crasy. It seems that u are not engaged in a manufacture industrial, but  in retail or merchant industrial, just like me.

主题

帖子

1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2009-7-30 23:06:27 | 显示全部楼层
Paul , u are not only crasy on jogging, but also about your work. Such frequent bisiness trips will drive people crasy. It seems that u are not engaged in a manufacture industrial, but  in retail or m ...
chris 发表于 2009-7-2 18:22

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your comment.  I am not crazy at running nor work. I just like the challenges. The company I am working in is not just manufacturing. As the products being produced need to be sold and I happened to be responsible for that haha.

主题

帖子

1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2009-7-30 23:27:24 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 kwms3d 于 2009-7-30 23:30 编辑

As the kids are enjoying long summer vacation, we decided to spend a week in Singapore.  The kids and the boss took off already last monday and I joined them on wednesday night. Welcoming me was a pleasantly 28 degree C with clear sky and light breeze. After catching up with the family I immediately go for a strode along Orchard road, the busiest road in Singapore ( like Nanjing road). Almost tempted for a midnight run but decided to leave it to the morning.

Woke up quite late this morning and around 9 am I was off to run along Singapore river.  As I have to cut through the business center of Singapore so  it was also good to be able to greet many nice ladies going to their work along the way haha!
Anyway, 9 am is still early for the night spot like clark quay, and boat quay therefore it was not much trouble running through dinning tables.....

The promenade is full of tourist from China, and I hope that they can catch the website address from my Yiqipao running T. Little tiger was right, the letter at the back of our t is too small to see unless people are running right behind us.

Anyway managed 50 minutes easy  run for 10 km along a very relaxing course.

BTW my kids are telling me not to buy any running shoes but .......

主题

帖子

积分

Lv2 小学生

积分
发表于 2009-7-31 10:20:15 | 显示全部楼层
MM is really humor, wife is the boss of the familly, i agree with u!

主题

帖子

积分

Lv4 高中生

积分

论坛人气奖

发表于 2009-7-31 21:57:17 | 显示全部楼层
Guess not to buy running shoes is a suggestion from your kids not your boss. So, anaother new pair as usual?
I run, and therefore I AM.

主题

帖子

积分

Lv4 高中生

Shanghai runner

积分

勤劳奉献奖

发表于 2009-7-31 22:37:35 | 显示全部楼层
As the kids are enjoying long summer vacation, we decided to spend a week in Singapore.  The kids and the boss took off already last monday and I joined them on wednesday night. Welcoming me was a ple ...
kwms3d 发表于 2009-7-30 23:27

Hi MM,
When will you come back to shanghai?

Few people ran in Zhongyida this Thursday
Fangfang said it needs you to take the lead. (I totally agree)

Hope your next training! HA!
The soul grows by subtraction, not addition. --Thoreau
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册一起跑

本版积分规则

一起跑永远是个开放、免费的平台,因为我们想感恩帮助过我们的跑友,感恩我们拥有的一切。

小黑屋|手机版|一起跑

GMT+8, 2024-9-23 03:22